Moronic norm. Be anti-norm

Me: "The battery of my phone is spoiled."
Dad: "Then send to service centre for repair"
Me: "No, I am going to use screwdrivers to deconstruct the phone and find out what's wrong with the battery, or any other possible problems"
Dad: "Why bother yourself so much? You might not know how to do it, and you might exacerbate the problem upon deconstructing it"
Me: "The smartphone was once upon a time constructed by an engineer who is a normal human like you and I. When you take initiative to explore something by yourself instead of relying on others, you learn a lot of new things. That's called discovery. I really damn hate the fact that when I was in high school no one encouraged me to explore and discover things by myself, especially computers and electronics. Everyone just took things as its face value, so did I."
Dad: "That means you don't have the aptitude and fate to be in computer industry or engineering industry"

Fuck off. I rolled my eyes, facepalm, speechless, and almost sweared. That encapsulated the solipsistic view of the old generations, who believed that there is such thing called the fucking fate/destiny which decides who you supposed to be, who you are, how you think, how you eat, how you pee. Don't challenge yourself, don't create troubles. 

Those who believed in destiny believed it too much until they do nothing to change anything, fucking morons. Those who believed that they can master their fate/destiny believed it too much until they want to master something immediately, then they realise that they can't, so they gave up too. Both are the same.

Yea dad, if someone brilliant tried to teach me about computer and engineering and I ignored him, that truly means that "I don't have the aptitude and fate to be in computer industry or engineering industry".
But dad, such person did not exist at all.

Comments

  1. and who taught Jack Ma to sell stuff online?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

End of The Life with Phones :(

UKM-Law Interview

Regards to Datuk :)